The New Bern-Craven County Public Library Board of Trustees seeks volunteers to serve as members of the Board.
The duties of the Trustees, as set forth in the By-Laws of the New Bern Craven County Public Library are:
- To carry out conscientiously the powers given them;
- To determine policy of the library;
- To advise in the preparation of the budget; approve it and work to obtain the necessary funds;
- To provide and maintain adequate buildings and grounds;
- To study and support legislation which will bring about the greatest good to the greatest number of libraries;
- To cooperate with other public officials and boards; and
- To maintain vital public relations.
The ten members of the Library Board are appointed either by the City of New Bern or by Craven County. A City Alderman and a County Commissioner also serve on the Library Board. The regular term of a trustee lasts 6 years.
Board Meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the First Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October and December in the William H. Sherratt Conference Room at the New Bern-Craven County Public Library. Special meetings may be called by the Chairman of the Board, or upon written request by three members.
Anyone interested in volunteering should send an e-mail discussing your interest in becoming a Trustee member to email@example.com. Residents wishing to be appointed by Craven County should also fill out a Volunteer Board Application (pdf) from the Craven County Website.
New Bern-Craven County Board of Trustees
Brenda Harding, Chairman
Maria Muniz, Vice-Chairman
Carter Ann Rollins
Victor Taylor, New Bern Alderman
Scott Dacey, County Commissioner