Instructions for Reserving an Item
Books owned by other member libraries of the CPC Regional System may be reserved and sent to the New Bern library for pickup. These are the steps for reserving an item in LS2 PAC (the online catalog).
- Visit the library online catalog by clicking the link in the upper left of this page or by visiting http://cpcrl.tlcdelivers.com:8080.
- Log in to your library account by clicking the "Log In" link in the upper right portion of the catalog screen (in the gray line across the top). Use your library card number and the last 4 digits of your phone number for your log in information. If you have created an EZ Login, you may use that, too.
- Search for the title you wish to reserve.
- When the title appears, click the orange "Place Hold" button below the title.
- Verify your pickup location, or change the location by clicking the arrow beside the library name.
- Leave "I Want the First Available Copy" button checked, unless you want a specific volume of a set.
- Click the blue "Submit Hold" button and a green bar should appear across the top of the screen indicating you have correctly placed your hold.
If you wish to cancel a hold or suspend a hold on an item. Follow steps 1 and 2 above, then use the following:
- Once logged in to your account, at the top of the "Summary" page (indicated in Orange to the left of the page) should indicate. "You have x pending holds. View Holds"
- Click "View Holds"
- Check the box to the right of the title you wish to remove from your hold. The three choices should light up.
- If you wish to cancel, select "Cancel Hold."
- If you wish to suspend a hold until a later date, click "Suspend Until". A calendar will appear and you select the date you wish to suspend your hold until. NOTE: If there are no other holds on the item you cannot suspend the hold. (You will get a message to contact the library.) Also, if there are other holds, but they are filled before your suspended date, your hold may be removed by the system.
- If you have a hold suspended, you may reactivate the hold by clicking "Re-Activate."
URL for this page is http://newbern.cpclib.org/nbccpl/reserve.html
Updated: October 13, 2016.