InterLibrary Loan Service
|The purpose of InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is to obtain
materials not readily available from libraries in the CPC Regional Library
Please check the CPC Online Catalog to make sure a library in the region does not own the item.
If a CPC Member library owns the item, place a reserve on the item (at no charge).
To use this service:
- You must have a valid library card with no outstanding fines or blocks.
- You agree to return the book by the due date or pay overdue fines of $1.00 per day.
- You should request a renewal at least one week prior to the due date.
- If the book is lost, you agree to pay the replacement cost of the item, as determined by the lending library.
- You agree to return the book to the Reference Desk at the borrowing library. Please do not return the book to the book drop. There will be a $5.00 fine for each item returned in the book drop
Also note that:
- Titles less than 1 year old cannot be ordered through InterLibrary Loan. You may wish to make a purchase suggestion for the item.
- Return postage for the ILL will be charged based on the weight of the item
requested. Other charges (such as insurance costs) may be added, as
requested by the lending library.
Approximate costs for items (January 2013 rates):
Weight Not Over (pounds) Single-Piece 1 (most items) $2.40 2 2.83 3 3.26 4 3.69 5 4.12
- There is no guarantee that the item can be acquired
If you need assistance with the InterLibrary Loan procedure, or if you have questions about your request, call the Reference Desk at 638-7807.
URL for this page is http://newbern.cpclib.org/nbccpl/reference/ill.html
Updated: August 30, 2013.