Cell Phone Policy
The purpose of the
All library users are expected to be courteous and respectful of others by adhering to the following policies:
- Cell phones should be shut off or set to vibrate when entering the library.
- Brief phone calls may be conducted in the library lobby. You are welcome to use the benches located outside the Children’s Department for a quiet conversation.
- Take your belongings with you if you move to make a phone call.
- Speak quietly so as not to disturb others around you when making or receiving phone calls.
- Extended or loud conversations should be conducted outside the building.
- Cellular phone text messaging is permitted throughout the library, but please turn the ringer off or set to vibrate.
- Library staff may require that people engaged in cell phone conversations move to the designated area.
Adopted by the New Bern-Craven County Public Library Board of Trustees, February 2009.
URL for this page is http://newbern.cpclib.org/nbccpl/cell.htm
Updated: November 20, 2014.