"Let's Talk About It..."
Tar Heel Fiction: Stories of Home
Whenever Southern literature is discussed, North Carolina writers figure prominently. This series will invite us to deepen our appreciation of the South from the perspective of some of the strongest works of authors who call this state home.
All programs are Mondays at 7 p.m. in the Hayden H. Jones Auditorium.
- February 3--Raney by Clyde Edgerton, discussion led by Bill DiNome, UNC-Wilmington.
- February 24--Oral History by Lee Smith, discussion led by Tom Douglass, East Carolina University.
- March 17--Visitation of Spirits by Randall Kenan, discussion led by Lynn Salsi, author, teacher, playwright, historian.
- April 7--Ferris Beach by Jill McCorkle, discussion led by Lucinda MacKethan, NC State University.
- April 28--I Am One of You Forever by Fred Chapell, discussion led by Willie Nelms, Sheppard Memorial Library (retired).
To register call 638-7800.
This project is made possible by a grant from the North Carolina Humanities Council, a statewide non-profit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, in partnership with the North Carolina Center for the Book, a program of the State Library of North Carolina, and is sponsored by the Friends of the New Bern-Craven County Public Library.