"Let's Talk About It..."
This serie captures the hard truths that come with growing old: the surprise of seeing a wrinkled face, the anger at not being able to do what was once easy. Each of the novels in this series takes a unique look at share histories, mutual dependency, and the humbling experiences that come when the body wears out but the mind remains lively.
All programs are Mondays at 7 p.m. in the Hayden H. Jones Auditorium.
- September 10--Memory of Old Jack by Wendell Berry, discussion led by Rebecca Godwin of Barton College. Book available August 13, 2012.
- September 24--Having Our Say by Sarah Louise Delany, Annie Elizabeth Delany and Amy Hill Hearth, discussion led by Nan Miller of Meredith College (retired).
- October 8--Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, discussion led by Lucinda MacKethan of North Carolina State University (retired).
- October 22--Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence, discussion led by Louise Taylor of Meredith College (retired).
- November 5--Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner, discussion led by Willie Nelms of Sheppard Memorial Library (retired).
To register call 638-7800.
This project is made possible by a grant from the North Carolina Humanities Council, a statewide non-profit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities and is sponsored by the Friends of the New Bern-Craven County Public Library.