"Let's Talk About It..."
Explorations of Faith in Literature
Religion has always been a critical element in establishing and defining our identity as Americans. In the novels of this series, we may come to see our world and ourselves with fresh eyes as we encounter faith differences and different faiths. Books for the first class will be available beginning January 7, 2013.
All programs are Mondays at 7 p.m. in the Hayden H. Jones Auditorium.
- February 4--A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, discussion led by Bill DiNome of UNC-Wilmington.
- February 25--The Chosen by Chaim Potok, discussion led by Rebecca Godwin of Barton College.
- March 18--Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko, discussion led by Tom Douglass of East Carolina University.
- April 8--Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamotte, discussion led by Nan Miller of Meredith College.
- April 29--Peace Like a River by Lief Enger, discussion led by Willie Nelms of Sheppard Memorial Library (retired).
To register call 638-7800.
This project is made possible by a grant from the North Carolina Humanities Council, a statewide nonprofit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, in partnership with the North Carolina Center for the Book, a program of the State Library of North Carolina and is sponsored by the Friends of the New Bern-Craven County Public Library.