Summer Reading Program Rules
- The Summer Reading Program is for children 12 and under (or students who have completed grades K-5). Children who have completed 6th grade may participate in the Young Adult Summer Reading Program. Registration begins Friday, June 21.
- Children may read any books on their reading level that are in the Craven-Pamlico-Carteret Regional Library System. Children who are not yet reading independently may be read to by another reader.
- Each child will keep reading records. Only books read during the Summer Reading Program should be recorded by title on the reading record. All reading records are due by Monday, July 29.
- Certificates of achievement
will be awarded to the following:
- Read-To-Me participants who have had 10 books read to them.
- Summer Reading Club (K-5) participants who have met their goal.
Read-To-Me certificates will be available on Tuesday, July 30 at the Read-To-Me Party.
The certificates for Summer Reading Club (K-5) participants may be picked up in the Children’s Department beginning Wednesday, July 31.
URL for this page is
This page was updated December 18, 2013.